Lee Ann Shenkman feels strongly in her heart that our pets are important members of our families. She provides Pet Trust services so that you can plan for a loving and caring future for your pets that outlive you. It is important to remember to keep our pets safe and happy, and Lee Ann Shenkman is here to help you include your pets in your customized estate plan.
Including a Pet Trust in your Estate Plan allows you to provide legally-binding directions for the care of your pets. For example, you can include the following in a Pet Trust:
- Name a caregiver for your pets. This is particularly important if you have a friend or family member who particularly loves your pets, and if you have pets with long lifespans.
- Specify which veterinarian your pets should visit, and how often they should visit.
- Specify food brands your pets prefer and medications your pets need.
- Give directions for the care of your pets in the event you become incapacitated.
- Require your pets to be checked on by your Trustee.
A Pet Trust gives you the power to define the security and care you want for your pets. She is here to help you include your pets in your Estate Plan.
Do you know what will happen to your pet if you die unexpectedly? Without good estate planning, your faithful friend could end up with an unwilling caregiver, or worse. Long-lived animals, such as some parrots and tortoises, are especially vulnerable, as they're more likely to outlive their owners. Expensive pets, like horses, can also become a financial burden to your heirs. Bequeathing a pet isn't a guarantee of care, but creating a pet trust is.
Lee Ann Shenkman, Attorney at Law can help you set up a pet trust in Soquel, CA, Watsonville, CA & surrounding areas. Call 831-477-9932 now to work with an attorney who'll include your pets in your estate planning services.